Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 March 2014

Wet.

Phew, finally made it back onto the internet. The latest thing to go wrong in this place has been Peter's pc, namely the power supply and the mother board. He's been trying to swap in parts from a spare pc but that has involved some large downloads which at our snail's paced internet has taken hours and stopped me from connecting to most of my usual sites. (Peter tells me the speed is less than 200 kb right now.)
It has rained all day long. it started with a light drizzle this morning and worked its way up to torrential downpours this afternoon and evening. When it was at its worst I went and checked the dam and all the run offs and it was satisfying to see that the water was being diverted across Paul's field, down over the corner of my woodland patch and back into the ditch at the side of Paul's lower field. We had a lazy morning catching up with several episodes of The Archers omnibus. Later I went back up to the shelter to continue painting only to run out of paint. I'll wait until I go to work on Tuesday to buy another tin so it will probably take until the end of the week to finish and maybe do a second coat.
We've been treating ourselves to a wood fire on Sunday evenings. The throws do keep us warm as we watch tv but it is nice to have the whole room warm and we should have enough wood to last for a few more weeks.

No comments: