Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 30 March 2014

Warm.

Mother's Day came with the most wonderful warm weather. So nice that the shorts and flip flops made their first appearance of the year. Romas phoned me this afternoon as he was walking home 7 miles from work due to something breaking off on his bike. Fortunately he can coast down the hills but can't pedal uphill. He didn't seem too worried. It was lovely to talk to him and I look forward to his card which is still in the post. Vytas is trekking in the jungle in Sri Lanka with Sally so I expect I'll hear from him when they are somewhere with a signal. I'm just content to know that my boys are well and happy.
The garden is full of flowers at the moment and the amaryllis flower has opened right up. It looks as if what I thought was a leaf is going to be another flower spike.  
I had planned to have a day off from gardening but with the weather being perfect for mowing I spent the day digging up weeds and then mowing all the grass. I didn't get all the weeds dug up, my poor back was beginning to ache but one more session should get the last patch done. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Your photos are so pretty as always.
Happy Mother's Day to you. : )
We got another 4 inches of snow today!!!!

Ruta M. said...

That's too much of a good thing. Hope you are nice and warm with your pellet burner. I saved the last of our wood in case we had really cold weather but now we are using it up on the weekends as we will have plenty of wood for next year.