Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Showers.

I should have learn't my lesson by now and stopped being a patient patient. When I had my hydrotherapy last year, which was nice but not especially beneficial, I had asked the physiotherapist how I should go about getting an appointment with the doctor who had given me some injections that actually worked on my inflamed hips. She said she would refer me though it might take a few months as I wanted a specific doctor. So I waited a few months and then a few more until finally today I rang up to see what was happening. Nothing, that's what but apparently I'm on the open appointment list so that I can refer myself whenever I need. They've given me a date at the end of April but said they would ring me back with the time. Which they haven't, nor left a message on the answer machine so I'll  ring again tomorrow. I was in a pretty grumbly mood as I set off for school but my mood cheered right up when I saw the first lambs of the season.
School was fun this afternoon. As the children were going to be learning about Nelson Mandela I did a random discrimination activity with them. I split them according to those who were wearing jumpers or not and told them next week they would be taking part in a govt test to see which kind of schooling would be better. One group would be having no playtimes and work in silence at tables while the other group would have longer playtimes and spend the afternoons doing art and choosing activities. We had a good discussion about fairness though nobody volunteered to swap from the fun group to the boring group. 
We had a sudden shower just as I left school and heading home there was a rainbow behind the hills so I quickly stopped to take some photos. At one point in my journey home I was under the whole arch but then it was gone.

The field at the top of the hill must have been sprayed with something last week because the grass has turned a sickly yellow. Yesterday's muck spreading has made the field a magnet for the rooks as they scavenge for worms and grubs.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love rainbows!! But then who doesn't!!
Sounds like an interesting school project.