Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Dry.

It was a bit grey and chilly this morning which suited me as I really needed to make a start on report I had been asked to do for school. I am the Art and Design coordinator which is only a small role (thank goodness) in these days of the all defining SAT's and the over-riding importance of reading, writing and maths. We do have several Arts' Weeks each year but the ideas and planning originate in staff meetings where we share all our ideas. And there are plenty of ideas from everybody. I just have to write the occasional report or lead a staff meeting. 
Out in the garden there are many signs of the approaching spring. When I first went outside this morning it was strangely and peacefully quiet.  Not a sound from those pesky rooks. But if I listened carefully I could hear them very faintly in the distance towards East Down. Sure enough when I got home this evening they were back making the usual racket. 
 I had a nice afternoon teaching the Reception children and only once did I have to insist on the correct shoes being put back on my little friend. The staff meeting after school was to discuss and update our marking policy so that it is consistent and easy to implement. We had a quick diary dates meeting at lunchtime but the rest of the break was spent in great hilarity thinking of and asking each other pub quiz type questions as a number of us are going to a quiz night on Friday which is being held in support of Macmillan cancer relief.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice to see all those signs of spring. : )