Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 March 2014

Sunny.

The day started overcast and a little cooler than yesterday but it didn't take long before it brightened up and the temperature in the sun was in the mid-twenties.
The price of all the weekend's weeding was a poor night's sleep so it took me a while before I was able to surface this morning. The weather was too good not to do some washing so I got a couple of loads washed and flapping in the breeze. I've just finished ironing it all and making the bed will be my last job of the evening.
I thought I shouldn't do weeding today so I opted for some stretching instead and got to work painting. Finished the last 2 sections and then gave it all a second coat. I had hoped for a more intense royal blue but the colour range for garden paint is a bit limited. I can't do much with the floor except repair the holes as there is obviously no membrane under the concrete and it gets damp from the ground underneath. I've still got plenty of work up there to keep me occupied.
The primroses and daffodils are making an appearance and lots of other plants have buds on them. Paul was out mowing with his tractor mower but I think the ground is too wet for me to start mowing the lawns.

No comments: