Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 16 March 2014

Foggy

The day started off nice and sunny, then in a blink low clouds started rolling in and stayed with us for the rest of the day.
I finally got round to finishing off a power-point about Malala Yousefzai for school. It got me thinking about the amazing resources we have at the click of a mouse. When I first started teaching we didn't even have access to a photocopier. The occasional purple splodged letters home were done by the school secretary on a Banda machine. How things have changed in the last 35 years.
When I did get out into the garden I was well wrapped up against the creeping damp as I picked beech leaves out of the heathers. That's quite a satisfying job as the large copper leaves are easy to spot and removing them makes a noticeable difference. The heathers are coming into their own now making a good splash of colour on the hillside. I appreciate them even more when I think how they are growing in pure clay, conditions which would defeat most plants. One thing I did not appreciate today was the incessant clamour from the rooks in the trees overlooking the lake. So far there are 18 nests but if nothing is done to discourage them in a few years there will be hundreds of rooks in those trees. 
It was even foggier/cloudier when I drove up to the road to leave the bin bags for the dustmen. 

No comments: