Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Sunny.

Yet another sunny day, a bit hazy first thing but bright for the rest of the day. I made a start on my tree cutting or rather bow sawing. I am possibly a quarter of the way through so eventually I will get there. The sensible thing would be for me to learn how to use the chain saw but I am naturally clumsy and wielding such a lethal bit of kit while balancing on a bank does not fill me with confidence.
I worked with the Reception children in the afternoon and then we had a staff meeting until 5.45. Discussing the latest expectations for 'outstanding' (according to Ofsted) and how we can apply them is intellectually stimulating and good professionally but eventually tiredness takes over. Luckily my journey home is not being affected by the roadworks which seem to have been going on for weeks and are causing the whole of Barnstaple to become grid locked in the early evenings. An hour to travel one mile is not unusual at the moment.
The sun was setting as I drove home so I made a couple of gateway stops to try and capture the glowing sun. I didn't have the energy to mess around with the manual settings so didn't get the full effect with the automatic exposure. Will try for better another time.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh that sunset is beautiful.