Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 March 2014

Wet and Windy.

The weather took a turn for the worse at lunchtime with the arrival of heavy rain and strong winds. Yet again I had my class work right through playtime though by that time most of them had finished their written work about Malala and were happily drawing while I worked with the last few children. I'm getting quick at sticking in sheets and I don't feel guilty about the minimal way I mark as it is what we have decided on as the school marking policy anyway. 
After work I drove across town to visit a few places. Town traffic is already at a halt even at 4.00 and it took 20 minutes to get across the bridge. Going from the bridge back into town and then on the return journey the road on my side was almost empty so I had an easy drive. I went into B&Q to order the plastic sheets for the shed roof only to find that if you order on line you get free delivery for orders over £50 but if you order in the store you only get free delivery for orders over £200.
Back home I could see the clouds rolling down the hills and blocking my views of Exmoor. 
Peter has taken a couple of holiday days from work as his arthritis attack was building up to a similar point where he ended up being taken by emergency ambulance to hospital a few years ago. He says a that a full day's rest is already making a difference.

No comments: