Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Dry.

It was still grey today but at least there was no rain. I was at home for the morning and had time to do some more work on the tree. It's in an awkward position so I'm nibbling away at it, cutting wedges from it to give myself easier access. That's not the most efficient method but I can't get at it to just cut straight through. Eventually it will go down. At school I worked with the younger children helping them to make crowns for the 'Easter Bonnet Parade' next week. This way we know it is the children's work rather than mum or granny's well meant efforts. We had a staff meeting after school to put together ideas for next term's topic which is South America/ The World Cup. I think carnivals will be featuring in most classes and possibly some tango or salsa.
On the way home I lazily took photos through the car window as I came down the hill. 
There were plenty of seagulls and rooks feeding on the creatures that live in the muck that had been spread on the fields. 
Then I spotted a pair of buzzards up in a tree and got some close ups. Though they are the biggest bird of prey here they live mainly on beetles and worms. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Nice photos.
I'm waiting for the farmers around here to get their fields reading for the growing season.