Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Sunny.

I looked out of the window this morning to see the sun shining on the frost dusted garden. And the sun continued to shine all day long. My morning spent working in the garden felt like being on holiday. I only wish I could be so cheerful when the skies are grey.
Across the stream the celandines glowed brightly, yellow is the colour of the moment with daffodils, narcissi and primroses all flowering in the garden.
Today I carefully removed a section of the lawn where there was a bit of a hump, raked the soil to make a gentle slope to the wall and then replaced the turves. Then I transplanted lots of a short ornamental grass to just behind the wall and threw down grass seed on the rest of the bare earth. I hate to say it but I could really do with some rain to settle all the plants in. Perhaps between 10 pm and 8 am?
I dragged myself away from the garden to teach in the afternoon and then as there wasn't a staff meeting drove across town and did some shopping at Lidl's and Tesco's. Having saved myself a few pennies yesterday I splashed out and bought this silicone cake mould at Lidl's. I thought it would be fun to make these mini cakes.

1 comment:

Billy said...

What beautiful pictures and that pheasant is handsome! Yellow is my favorite color!