Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 April 2018

April Showers.

It has been a day of sunshine and showers with a lot more in the way of showers than sun. Right now the setting sun is shining through the clouds sending great sunbeams down to the earth.
When I looked out of the window this morning my first flowering daffodil was drooping sadly. Going out to investigate not only did I find a hole in the trumpet but the perpetrator, a nasty slug, was sitting in there. I may not use poisons but that slug got the chop - literally. There's not a lot happening with the shrubs in my garden so for now I have to be content admiring flowering shrubs in other people's gardens.
I carried on with my paint scraping and got the whole of the upstairs bannister rail done. It's not round, just a thick plank with a rounded top which is a shame. It was fairly easy to do, it's the narrow fiddly bits that take the longest, which was why I started with it. While I did that Peter went out to get some shopping. Having persuaded him that of course chocolate tastes better when it is egg shaped (everyone knows that), he found nothing but empty spaces on the shelves in Lidl's. However he did come home with some chocolate treats so I can still indulge.
Speedy has just pushed open my study door and is sitting on my window sill waving his tail wildly (imagine an angry cobra). It's probably because he would like me to go down and feed him. Because Patch has to have several meals a day to keep the weight on him I have to restrict Speedy's intake or he turns into a fat pudding.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'd love to see the sun for just a little while. : )
Most of the snow we got today is gone and it is supposed to rain tomorrow.
Oh yes, chocolate eggs are the best!!