Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 April 2018

Sunny.

Wow!, we've had a real scorcher of a day, probably the hottest day since August last year. A day for flip-flops, shorts, hat and sunscreen. My first task of the day was to fill in the cracks in the woodwork. Yesterday Peter hadn't been able to find decorator's caulk and the filler in a squeezy tube that he brought home wasn't what I needed. Off I went first to BJ's to collect one more free bag of tomato compost as well as buying some osteospermums for a totally different hanging basket. Then I dropped into Lidl's for a few things. At the checkout the cheery checkout girl invited myself and another customer to help ourselves to the last of the Easter chocolates for free as they were just trying to get rid of them. That's never happened before. I brought home 2 white chocolate lambs and a milk chocolate hen, no calories in free food.
It didn't take long to wipe down the woodwork and run caulk along any gaps. Once that was done I escaped to the garden where in between sitting in the sun and reading I began clearing the soil where the shed had been. The floor of the now removed shed had rotted to earth over which I had stored the decking planks. There are now some bindweed plants appearing so I thought it best to dig out all the roots. That involved shifting planks, digging down and removing every root. There was also some partially rotten bits of plastic and roofing felt. These I find quite disgusting so although the ground will be covered by decking I removed every last scrap to take to the dump.
Out of the 2 bags of bulbs I planted these 4 daffodils were the only ones that flowered. Every flower of the smaller narcissi was eaten by snails/slugs at the bud stage.
I made it to being a poster girl at least on FaceBook. In all the other photos/videos I've been hiding at the back. This must have been taken on a rehearsal night and look we're all smiling. Our choir leader is constantly reminding us to smile as we sing. Not so easy when you're trying to remember the words.  I've just returned home after choir practice under a clear starry sky and crescent moon. We open our bedroom curtains at night and I get a lovely view of the moon and stars.

2 comments:

Greg Prosmushkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
happyone said...

Nice to see all your smiling faces. : )

What a treat to get free chocolate. I love white chocolate.

I could use some of that warm weather. We are getting snow again today. Just showers of the white stuff though, no accumulation.

No harm done when I fell, nothing even hurts today.
I too have to get a wide size in my shoes. Sure hoping that the shoes I ordered will fit. Took a chance buying them on line, but I just can't find anything in the stores. It has been suggested to me to try mens shoes because they are a bit wider than womens. I might try that.