Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 April 2018

Gloomy.

Today we've been subjected to damp grey weather. It's 6.00 and only now has the sun made its presence felt at all with a bit of a glow marking the edges of the clouds. Incidentally yesterday the R4 weather forecaster spoke of 'sea fret and har (hah?) followed by nuisance rain'. I know sea fret is mist but the rest?
As some vouchers for a free gro-bag and a pack of bedding plants from BJ's came through the door yesterday I combined a trip to the dump with shopping at BJ's and then Lidl's and Asda. We actually got 2 sets of vouchers so Peter will also go and claim a free bag and plants. I think the best thing is if he phones me when he gets to the bedding plants as there is a very good range. Today I selected some white trailing lobelia and then also paid for some sweet peas. Hopefully I can get them to grow up the trellis along one of the back garden walls. At the moment I have no plans to add to the one hanging basket by the front door though it does seem strange not planting up baskets of surfinias.
I was out for quite a while but still managed to do almost 4 of the stair spindles. 
Here are some more photos from yesterday's walk.
 A ewe enjoying the sun in the company of a couple of seagulls.
 On the other side of the bridge at Bradiford were some fat geese one of which was sitting on a nest.
 Just over the bridge I came to the beginning of the countryside.

The painted ladybird.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Unusual weather report. : )
Beautiful scenery and like the ladybird rock!