Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 April 2018

Warming Up.

Another damp morning followed by a warm and sunny afternoon. I found Patch and Speedy sweetly curled up together in the armchair. Not something they usually do but this was following my lunch break when both of them had decided to sit on my lap at the same time.
Four more spindles done and I'm getting so fed up of them.
While I don't expect any birds at the feeders until the buddleia has grown enough to provide cover I still watch for birds from the bedroom window. Apart from the usual seagulls and jackdaws recently I've seen a pair of blackbirds feeding on the grass and occasionally in the front garden. This morning I spotted a robin in my neighbour's front garden and it got as far as perching on the dividing wall. Robins and blackbirds are ground feeders so I don't expect to see them at the feeders but while I was having my break as small bird made a fly past across the front garden. It was too quick for me to see what it was but it's a hopeful sign. 
Off now to sing. Peter is coming down with a cold but is going to come along next week to see if he would like to join the choir. If he did we could practise the bass and alto parts together.

No comments: