Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 April 2018

Sunny.

Today has been not Spring-like but Summer-like, that is a British summer where the hot sun is tempered by a cooler breeze. I wish the internet was as good today, I can't import all the photos I want and had to stop singing as the video has just given up the ghost. I'll add more photos later if it will let me.
I made an early start and had finished working on the bannister, I'm more than halfway down the stairs now, in time to go for a short walk around the area to enjoy nature's offerings.

Down at Bradiford this shrub/tree was covered in white flowers and I saw my second butterfly of the morning, a peacock. The first butterfly I saw was an acid yellow Brimstone butterfly disappearing into the trees. I also found a couple of the painted stones, a cheery ladybird which I moved a couple of feet under some arum leaves and a ninja turtle to which I added a feather. (They're really for the kids to find.) Having run out of spare stones at home to paint I found a couple by the path which I'll paint before my next foray.
I walked a little way along the stream and saw 4 geese by the water one of which was sitting on a nest.
There are a number of magnificent magnolia trees flowering in the area and I like to think they were given by one gardener to another over the years.
Once I returned home from my stroll in the sun I got out the lawnmower and cut our tiny lawn and the communal grass. My neighbour had just returned from a bike ride down the Tarka Trail, something we'll do once all the house renovations are done, and the borrowed the mower to cut 'her' section of the communal grass. After that we got our brooms and swept the parking area. There are two families who leave the place messy including nails and screws, a hazard for everyone's car tyres.

2 comments:

happyone said...

We had a nice sunny spring like day today. So nice!!!
How nice to see butterflies already!

Unknown said...

This is really nice post. Thanks for sharing...