Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 April 2018

Windy.

This morning's forecast spoke of showers but we only had one which swept in at mid-day (above). The strong westerly wind blew everything else away. 
It is nice to see more trees greening up each day. 
I had a happy day working outside. I've finally got all my plants potted up though it wouldn't hurt to put the plants in bigger pots if I come across any in my trips to the dump. Then it was back down on to my hands and knees to finish off  digging over that patch of ground. Before settling down to read I squeezed myself into the 12" gap between the conservatory and the garden wall and began removing the ivy and bindweed. There was also a certain amount of rubbish to get rid of and I discovered the garden drain. Typically of this place it's just a hole broken into the underground pipe that takes gutter water from the house to the main drain somewhere far under the garden. There is a down drainpipe connected to the conservatory guttering which ends 6" above the paving slabs! So I need to get a drain grate and some pipework from the downpipe to the drain. By the time I sat down outside to read the clouds and the wind made it too cold to stay out long.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh that sky does look threatening and so pretty.
Glad that you got so spend some time outside.