Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 April 2018

Dry.

The day began grey, cold and windy. Luckily for Peter who was out rowing the forecast rain turned out to be no more than a few drops. While Peter was out I had a session learning the words to Shto mi e milo, one of the songs we will be singing at a member's funeral on Tuesday. (This was the nearest version to ours though the clapping section, which we all do, isn't as long and we only sing the first verse and chorus several times. Sheila requested it because she wanted something lively. 
Because the builder chap who hopefully will be doing the decking, said he would call round (Peter went to see him and he's coming round later in the week.) I had a 'domestic' morning first giving our oven a good clean. It wasn't that bad but as I had to slide out one of the two glass sheets that make up the door in order to tighten up one of the handle screws I thought I might as well give the glass a good scrub. I did the thing of putting a dish of vinegar and water in the hot oven for a while. I don't know how much it helped but the overall cleaning wasn't too hard. Then I moved to the sitting room and began the job of brushing out the pile of the big throw which I washed recently. Almost half of one side done as I watched David Attenborough's Flying Monsters. Amazing to think of a pterodactyl with a wingspan of 50ft that stood 20ft tall.
Later in the afternoon it began to warm up and right now it's back to being hot. I potted up some more of my hardy geraniums. One of them ended up being planted in an old paint tub that I drilled holes in the bottom of. I did more weeding digging out handfuls of bindweed roots from under the rhododendron and then moved to the front garden. There I carried on weeding and tidied up the lawn edges. It's nice to be able to get round the whole garden in one go. When I came inside out of the corner of my eye I noticed something crawling on my shoulder. While I'm not phobic about spiders I didn't want one crawling in my hair but a look in the mirror revealed this large moth which so far I haven't identified.

No comments: