Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 April 2018

Wet.

Not such a nice day today, mostly grey with light rain in the morning and now some heavy showers. There was a short spell of sunny weather during which I some work in the front garden.
But first there were the stairs to do and finally the scraping is finished. It seemed to go on for ever and now there's the sanding, filling and more sanding to do but that shouldn't take such a long time.
Out in the front garden I did some weeding both in the flower beds and in between the paving. Now that the hardy geraniums are appearing I put in some sticks to give them support once they are fully grown. I also snapped off the remnants  of last year's growth of a widespread perennial. I think it might be yellow loosestrife which will clash horribly with the white/blue/purple/pink of the hardy geraniums. In preparation for when the tomato plants can go outside I bought an enormous plastic tub round from the back garden and filled it with compost.
Speedy watching the world go by from a neighbour's garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The spring flowers look pretty.
My daffodils are sitting covered in snow today!!