Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 16 April 2018

Windy.

No sun today but no rain either. We've had plenty of wind and I had fun watching the throw on the line dancing and making all sorts of shapes. 


Today I got all the paintwork sanded and ready to paint.  I had thought I might get round to filling in a few holes as well but ran out of time and energy.
Instead I pricked out the tomato seedlings and planted the bedding plants from BJ's. The sweet peas will go into bigger pots and I'll buy new chains for the green hanging basket. Peter went to BJ's for me and was not in a happy mood when he phoned to see which bedding plants to get. Apparently the place was heaving, there were no trolleys left and the racks of bedding plants were somewhat denuded. He managed to find a tray of mixed verbenas which I put with the white trailing lobelias. He also said 'Old people have very sharp elbows.' As I'm 'she who never throws things away' I looked in my box of ancient seeds and gave some poppies and rudebeckia a try. 
My hedgehog has finally made an appearance having been found and rehidden.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Your Hedgehog is excellent! I find the idea of painting stones and hiding them intriguing! Lots of fun for children-or anyone- to locate and hid again.

happyone said...

I like how you saw the throw dancing on the line. : )