Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 April 2018

Gardening.

The morning was a bit on the gloomy side followed by a much brighter afternoon. Right now there are black clouds overhead from which fell a heavy shower.
Today's garden job was to make a start on sorting out the defunct raised bed/planter near the kitchen window. The wooden box had rotted through in places and the first thing was to try and remove as much of the compost and stones before it all ended up on the concrete below. I was fairly successful in this but there was a still a lot of bending to clear up everything below the box. Needless to say there were more of those bindweed roots. The stone trough upon which sits the bonsai  tree is actually a fountain. As there's no rainwater in the trough I'm assuming there's enough drainage for me to use it as a planter.
At the moment that corner looks worse than before with all the bags of rubbish waiting to be taken to the dump. 
As I worked outside the town noises were drowned out by the sound of birds singing; woodpigeons, blackbirds and a flock of small birds chink-chinking. I could hear the sheep out on the hillside and occasionally cows lowing.  
Speedy has been reduced to watching ants. Right now he's sitting on my window sill watching the seagulls and jackdaws fly over. This morning I saw the great tit sitting in the buddleia bush near the feeders again.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the picture of the sheep dotted around the pasture. Nice to hear the sounds of the country.