Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 April 2018

Sunny.

Another lovely sunny day with a good breeze, perfect for drying the washing. And did I spend the day working outside? Nope, I spent my day painting the woodwork. I had very optimistically thought that I'd get all the wood undercoated and still have time for some garden work as well as doing the ironing. Simply sticking masking tape along all the carpet edges and putting down dustsheets took long enough. By the time I reached the bottom of the stairs not only were my fingers stuck together with paint and the paintbrush full of dust (obviously I hadn't wiped down sufficiently) but I was losing the will to live. I'll finish off the downstairs woodwork tomorrow. Even though it's just undercoat the woodwork already looks a lot better.
However if I had put off the painting and worked outside I might have not enjoyed it so much because of something I'd forgotten comes with living in close proximity to other people.  The unwelcome sound of music/radio being played loudly outside or from indoors with windows open. Surely everyone has a pair of headphones. By the time I did get to sit outside for a few moments before going back in to do the ironing the offending radio was off so I got to relax in peace.
Meet the prettiest member of our choir, Bailey. She made her first appearances when she was a tiny and oh so cute puppy. She's grown a lot but is still adorable. She loves meting people and her tail wags most enthusiastically. While her owner doesn't sing when Jackie counted us in for one song Bailey beat us all with a loud yip.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Painting always takes longer than you think!! It is looking great so far though.

Harriet said...

Painting in my humble opinion is AWFUL. Bailey would put a smile on my face.