Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 April 2018

Sunny Spells.

I woke this morning to see a rainbow  (brighter in reality), a good indicator of today's weather, bright sun and the threat of showers. It was very warm in the sun though the breeze felt cold on my arms. I took a chance and didn't wear a jacket when I went into town for some shopping. I didn't need anything from B&Q but Peter had sorted out a lot of IT bits which needed taking to the dump and I cleared the last of the shed wood which I don't think I'll be using. Peter also relinquished unprompted his deep fat fryer as he has moved to more healthier ways of cooking. The dump was very busy with all the different skips filled to overflowing. I rescued another 3 big plant pots from the plastics skip. It may seem a bit odd to be bringing things back from the dump but the cheapest pots I can find locally are £1 each and with all the plants that need repotting I need a lot. 
I called in at Lidl's for some basics but I also stopped at the Co-Op. Because they are a bit more out of the way they have better reductions and yes they had half- priced Easter eggs. I gave in and bought a small egg for 87p. I don't think chocolate eggs were around when I was young and even if they were my mother wouldn't have approved and we were too poor for such things. I got a whole lot of other things reduced to half price; olives, mushrooms, Simnel cake, cream, bread and butter puddings, fruit bread, popcorn and lean beef burgers made with puy lentils. 
With all the time spent in town it was another short session of paint scraping but the rest of the week is clear so I should get plenty done.
A few town photos from yesterday.
 The bell tower on top of the old guild Hall.
 Interesting buildings.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Wonderful photos especially the weather vane!

happyone said...

We used to really like going to the dump and finding things. Rules have changed though and now they don't allow you to take things away. Silly rule!!!