Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 April 2018

Sunny.

Another wonderfully sunny day. There were a couple of hours mid-morning when things turned grey and clammy but before long the sun returned. I carried on working on the staircase and hooray! the last spindle has been done. Not quite time to put away the shave hook as there is a long plank that runs down the outside of the stairs to be done. But the end is in sight. Naturally I spent my 'breaks' sitting outside in the sun and even got in some reading which I don't seem to have much time for recently. I haven't been to the library since before we moved but I've still got a couple of the G.O.T. books to re-read before moving on to anything else.
Quite a bit of local life seems to go on at the front of the houses here. The front and back gardens are all different sizes and I suspect that some don't get much sun in the back gardens. People sit outside enjoying the sun, exchange pleasantries with the neighbours, watch their own children playing, garden or carry out DIY projects. We're lucky in that the back garden gets sun for most of the day though later in the day you have to move up the garden to carry on sitting in the sun. That's what I did today and was even joined by Peter. In the front garden the acer in the middle of the lawn is now covered with leaves which soon will make the view from the sitting room more garden than houses.
I'm glad there are some self-sown aquilegias in the garden as I didn't bring any from Dingles.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We had a nice sunny day here too.
I think it is nice when neighbors interact with each other. Makes for pleasant times around the neighborhood.