Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 April 2018

Easter Greetings.

It was lovely to hear the church bells ringing out early this morning on this most special day.
While the skies have remained grey all day the rain held off until later in the afternoon. As I did not intend to be doing any DIY instead I treated myself to some gardening time. That is I pulled up a lot of the tiny and not so tiny seedlings growing in the front garden flower bed. The most prolific weed is round-leaved speedwell some of which was already flowering. Above the hum of the traffic and occasional siren I could hear all sorts of wildlife. Loudest was the buzz of a white tailed bumble bee visiting the many yellow celandines brightening up the garden. A couple of seagulls were squawking away sometimes making a noise like a cat, woodpigeons were cooing, a blackbird was trilling and some small birds were singing too. It's all there if you take time to listen. 
Only one daffodil flowering so far. Some of the smaller narcissi came up earlier but the flowers were eaten by slugs. Grrrrr! I tried to persuade my neighbour not to sprinkle copious amounts of slug pellets around her garden by telling her how they also poison the birds and hedgehogs by my words fell on deaf ears.  
This made me smile when I came across it. I'm not sure what most people here are celebrating, pagan chocolate day I think.

No comments: