Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 April 2018

Dry.

It is lovely to lie in bed watching the ever changing clouds. Although there were many very dark clouds today it stayed dry. But for me it was still more paint scraping. Today the upstairs newel post got done and a fair amount of the handrail going downstairs. It was so good to be working on large flat surfaces where there was a chance of the paint coming away easily. 
Today I potted up my 'Wavy Hair' grass seedlings. From the whole packet of about 20 seeds only 4 germinated so I need to take good care of them.
Once again it looks as if we shall have another good sunset tonight. The sea mist is hazing out the bottom of the Hartland peninsula but the lighthouse is clearly visible. 
(Above) Yesterday I didn't quite get the red tones that made it look as if the land behind the hill was on fire. (Below) On Friday evening the whole sky turned pink for a while. I wonder what the sunset will be like tonight. We get the best views from the upstairs windows but we still see part of the evening sky from the sitting room.

No comments: