Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 April 2018

Sunny Morning, Wet Afternoon.

We had a lovely morning, perfect for hanging out several loads of washing or if you're a cat for watching the world from the window. Later on I had just finished my day's quota of scraping and was shaking out a dust sheet when light rain began to fall. I made a quick run and rescued the washing which was almost dry. My hours of paint scraping had resulted in the whole of the handrail getting done. At least when I make a start on the 18 spindles I'll be able to do quite a lot sitting on the stairs.
I took Patch to the vets' this afternoon. As we suspected he's probably suffering from arthritis so the vet gave me some liquid anti-inflammatory pain killer to give to him every day. The vet was quite concerned about his heart rate/breathing as we already know Patch has a heart murmur. I did as the vet advised and noted Patch's breathing rate after he had been lying calmly at home and it was 22 breaths/min (normal is about 20/min) though when he first came home it was 34/min. He'll go back to the vet in 3 months time though I think the vet was trying to warn me that he might not make it. I worry when taking older pets to the vet thinking it might be a one way trip which thankfully it wasn't. The next sting was the nearly £50 bill but  I was expecting something around that. The vet is almost never cheap.
After a certain amount of cajoling the tomato seedlings have appeared. I wasn't sure if the seeds from the M&S cherry tomatoes would grow but it looks as if they all came up. After I took the photo I thinned them out so that there are 12 left. I felt quite guilty throwing away the extra seedlings. The Alicante seeds which I planted in rows have also begun to appear. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sad to see our pets getting older. Hope the medicine helps Patch.