Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 April 2018

Windy.

We've has a bright and breezy day unlike other parts of the country which had heavy rain and temperatures going down to 4C. Right now the sun is blazing in through the window with barely a cloud in sight.
Having woken up with all feelings of dizziness gone I was able to get lots of things done. I took all the bags of plant material plus some other stuff to the dump. Then I went on to Lidl's and Tesco's for some shopping. Once back home I had a good look to see what I could do with the trough and fountain. Pouring in some water revealed no leaks so I couldn't just fill it with compost to use as a planter. As all the outdoor electrics, switch and pump are there I've put the concrete components of the fountain in the space next to the trough. That way it will be possible to reinstate it in the future if somebody wants to. For now I've put in pots of different varieties of crocosmia and some old fashioned (white) English pinks.
I wasn't able to set up the plastic box as a planter yet because the stack of concrete blocks on which the wooden planter had been sitting is concreted together and I need to make a second stack to support the plastic box. 
I also did some tying in of the shrub growing by the fence and cut back more of the ivy. The decking there is so rotten I nearly went through them. Hopefully not too long before it is all replaced.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Good to hear you aren't feeling dizzy anymore.
We've had a couple of days of beautiful weather. I think winter is finally gone!!!!