Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 15 October 2019

A Little Rain.

It's been mainly sunny with the occasional shower. Naturally I walked to town with bare arms and flip-flops and then got caught in a brief shower. I wasn't too worried as I'd planned to buy a folding umbrella which I did from one of the charity shops who had some in their 'new' range. I called in at the bank to make a first payment to the builder who is doing the roofs, hooray another job underway. I then bought some felt for my Christmas making, fluffy men's slippers, a dish drainer and more superglue to repair the cat pulls in the stair carpet. What I did forget was to pick up our prescriptions as I hadn't written that down on my list. Peter says he'll collect them tomorrow. I got caught by the rain again on the last leg of my journey home so once I'd unpacked my shopping I changed into boots and leggings topped by a raincoat to head out again this time to the animal ambulance place. Cue hot sunshine. They were very grateful for the towels at the North Devon Animal Ambulance and accepted an old duvet as well and some left over animal medicines. A quick return visit to The Co-Op resulted in a basket full of reduced items which with yesterday's voucher cost me £8 for £38 worth of shopping. The only full price item was a red pepper for 60p. Our freezer is now full of scampi and fish portions and a few treats as well.
While I was out somebody came and collected a bag of all my old seed packets. Germination will be reduced but I know she intends to use them to make bee bombs with children. Not quite the native flowers usually recommended but worth a try.
 
Speedy found himself a new toy this afternoon. I'd used a couple of screwdrivers to replace the batteries  in the exercise bike and he batted one off the table and then chased it in and out of the room until it ended up under the sofa. (All the rest of my photos turned out blurry.)

No comments: