Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 October 2019

Romas' Birthday.

Happy Birthday to Romas. He lives so far away that we don't see him often but today he phoned and we had a long 3-way conversation on speaker phone with occasional interruptions by their French Bulldog and Trick or Treaters. Below are the Bailey's chocolate truffles I made the other day which arrived in Stoke safely. I think we gave him an even better present when we told him that we have finally changed our minds about Brexit. Originally the fact that the UK has little to no influence in the European Parliament led us to thinking that the UK would be better off out of the EU. but seeing that the British Parliament is in the hands of politicians who are either ineffectual or plain liars who are only interested in promoting their privilege and personal wealth we've decided we're better off being under the overall rule of the EU.
It's been another grey day, warmer with light but steady rain through the afternoon. I had a dental check-up and got the all clear from the dentist which cost £62! Not so long ago it was £40 for an NHS dental check-up. I'm going back in a couple of weeks to have the bottom edge of one of my upper front teeth strengthened. The other one was done some time ago and I want to preserve my front teeth as best as I can. 
From the dentist I called in at Lidl's and Tesco's. In Lidl's I bought an anti-snoring pillow for Peter, it's supposed to keep your head correctly aligned but as I can already hear snores coming through the wall it obviously doesn't work. Never mind, Peter needed a new pillow anyway. I had to laugh the other day when I saw an anti-snoring device advertised on FB. It wasn't the usual gadget to shove into the nostrils but was a small box that sat on the snorer's forehead and administered an electric shock every time a snore occurred. Somehow I don't think Peter would agree to that.
I had a couple of good responses to my sewing machine pedal problem. One lady thinks she has a spare and is going to look for me and Vytas responded to my query about connecting a new pedal to the old wires. That should work and all I need is a small connector box. Funnily enough I've already got one on the other part of the wire where it got frayed. If the lady doesn't find her cable a new pedal is considerably cheaper than the specific replacement.

1 comment:

lg said...

What causes snoring?
Snoring can be caused by a number of factors, such as the anatomy of your mouth and sinuses, alcohol consumption, allergies, a cold, and your weight. When you doze off and progress from a light sleep to a deep sleep, the muscles in the roof of your mouth (soft palate), tongue and throat relax. Jain Dental Clinic promises to deliver quality dental care treatment in Indirapuram, Dentist in East Delhi