Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 October 2019

Sunny.

Another bright and sunny day though I have only ventured as far as the front garden to put things in the recycling bins. I'm still waiting to see the latest Borth photos and I'm beginning to suspect that Peter doesn't know how to copy them from his phone. (The last lot were in emails from the builder.)
Today I gave the wooden dinning table a thorough wipe with bleach and water as mould has begun to appear on the legs. I wouldn't have thought our dinning room was damp but its proximity to the conservatory which gets a lot of condensation must be the cause. There are also some signs of damp on the big wooden cupboard with possibly more inside that'll need a good bleaching before we move. The table is still serviceable though the veneer on the top is damaged. I think a wipe clean tablecloth is practical and the new polka dot one will be put on in Borth. I like the simple table design of the two extra leaves which pull out from underneath with no mechanism to go wrong. At the moment the top pieces are by radiators to make sure they are completely dry before I assemble the table again. I'm looking forward to sitting at that table in front of the picture window overlooking the sea.
My other less strenuous task was to begin making 'books' of cards from the family. I saw the idea of hole-punching the cards and tying then together with ribbon on FB and thought it was much nicer than putting them into poly pockets in folders. Peter was most surprised to see that I've kept every card sent by the family (in the two black folders) but I could never bring myself to throw them out. To me each card represents the care and love with which they were chosen and the handmade cards are even more special. Maybe I feel it even more because the boys have gone their own ways and we see them so rarely. I had the perfect ribbons to tie the cards, those irritating loops that are sewn into tops which I always cut off and save in my sewing box. They come in pairs and are the right length to hold about five year's worth of cards.

1 comment:

lea said...

I have used white vinegar on mold and mildew, it's a little less harsh. A clever idea for cards, I have stacks of them.