Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 10 October 2019

Windy.

The wind has been a lot warmer today but autumn is definitely on its way. I managed to spill coffee on a sheet so that needed to go in the machine. It was a good drying wind and I stayed out in the garden pulling up weeds until the first drops of rain fell and I had to rescue the washing. It has been getting colder recently and I've reluctantly begun closing the bedroom window at night. Shorts and flip-flops are still my daily attire though I have begun wearing a hoody as well.
This morning we had a visit from an agent to talk about renting out this place as the housing market has ground to a halt at the moment, probably down to Brexit. We have an agent from another company coming tomorrow but today's one came with several personal recommendations.  With the work on Red Roofs slowly moving ahead renting out seems a viable option while we move up to Borth.
While ironing I picked an episode of Grand Designs to watch. Always good for an idea or two and this build was on a cliff overlooking the sea, even better. Surprised to see that it was in North Devon it didn't take long to work out that the build was on the headland between Croyde and Saunton. I mentioned the fact to Peter and he knew people who had worked on the project which sadly ran out of steam after £5 million pounds was spent and is unfinished to this day. I better make sure I'm not too ambitious in Borth.

No comments: