Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 October 2019

Wild.

It's been a day of contrasting weather. One minute the sun was shining with a strong wind making the flowers dance and the next the sky turned black and sheets of rain obscured the windows. Peter went into town and got caught by a shower on his return. A good thing I was making apple pancakes when he arrived home rather wet.
Apart from some music practice I've been generally cleaning and tidying up. A cardboard box in the conservatory had got damp and when I took out the contents, mostly safe in plastic bags, a large floor length curtain was beyond saving. The damp plus lots of fading and the damaged lining all sent it to the bin.  
It's strange, or maybe not, how not being able to do something makes you desperate to do it. With these antibiotics I can't eat (or drink I assume since it specifies an empty stomach), between 10.30 - 1.30 and 3.30 - 6.30 so naturally I sit here watching the clock waiting for my slightly later dinner. Neither of us eat lunch so that's not a problem but I wouldn't mind a cuppa in the middle of the day. Right now I'm going to attempt an almost all black on-line puzzle. I do like a challenge.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I bet Peter appreciated those apple pancakes. I think I'll make some tomorrow. : )