Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 October 2019

Sunny.

We had heavy rain in the night but none during the day. In the morning after waxing and putting the table back together again I thought I'd get on with a small job that had been on my to-do list for a few days, running some sealant down the side of the shower. I got the white sealant into the gun thing, removed the clogged up sealant from the nozzle and prepared to start. I squeezed the trigger and saw the sealant moving up the translucent nozzle, squeezed a few more times to get the sealant up to the tip of the nozzle and then …. nothing. I checked the nozzle, poked a crochet hook down it to make sure there were no blockages but after several more tries and a sore hand I gave up. It was only then that I investigated the gun and saw that the spring mechanism wasn't working properly. No wonder I'd had so much trouble with it. That gun is going and I'll buy a new one, luckily they're not expensive. Instead I finished sorting all my cards and putting them into 'books' during which I re-read every one. 
I finally saw the latest photos from Borth. Sadly as Peter's getting used to his new phone  something went awry with the photos of the opening between the sitting room and the dinning room so I've yet to get a proper view of it. Above is the kitchen/dinning area. We'll have to put up with a semi dismantled kitchen for the time being but the leaking roof is one of the flat roofs that is going to be replaced.
This is the large main bedroom. When the windows are replaced regulations mean that we have to have at least one opening big enough to climb through in case of fire and the current configuration would not be allowed. It's good to have these photos as a guide for where to place the fixings for the curtain rails as it is best to have the screws going into wood. The whole place will be super insulated to keep heating costs down. Starting from the outside first there is a layer of bricks rendered on the outside. Then the air gap, another layer of bricks, new render, insulation (the silver stuff) and finally insulated plasterboard. That should keep us nice and toasty with the new double glazed windows and heavy curtains. 
My study/guestroom has a second window overlooking the neighbour's front garden which will be extended downwards to match the other window on the street side.
Peter took this stormy photo from the guesthouse. It almost makes me wish I'd gone with him but then it did rain for most of the time he was there.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh what nice big windows and that view is amazing!!!