Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 7 October 2019

Grey.

After a very wet night the day has been dismally grey but so far no rain has fallen. Peter had some shopping to do this morning so he dropped me off at the surgery for  some tests before I see the doctor on Friday. One thing about full-time blood takers is that they have the technique down pat. I watched as usual and there wasn't even a tiny twinge as the needle went in.
For the moment my holiday stones are sitting on the kitchen window, a lovely reminder of my long walks along Marazion. 
This afternoon I began planning how to make loose covers for the armchair and sofa. The dark green leather was fine in our barn of a sitting room at Dingles but a bit overpowering in a normal sized room. Now I have to think what kind of fabric and where to buy it. I'd like a light neutral/white that can be thrown in the washing machine from time to time. I did look at some fitted covers from a national company but we'd need made to measure which would be costly. My plan is to make a loose covers with separate covers on the seat cushions. Not a project to rush into. So far all I've done is measure up the armchair.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like those stones.
I've started picking up a smooth white stone from around the bank if I pass by it on my walk. There are lots and lots of stones there so don't think they will miss my few, though I guess I shouldn't really take them!