Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 October 2019

Grey.

Today has been cool with light rain in the afternoon. Not enough to test the latest roof sealing. In the morning I gathered up all our old towels which over the years had been put aside for mopping up plumbing leaks or muddy pets and drove over to the local animal ambulance charity to donate them. I also put in some unused animal medicines. However when I got there, despite the website saying they would be open I found a sign saying they are only open on Tuesday afternoons. My journey wasn't totally wasted as I called in at the Pottington Co-Op. This is where I used to get excellent reductions on my way home from work. Unfortunately it's closing down next weekend. A lot of the shelves are now empty but I picked up some bargain treats and also got a £2 off voucher which I can use tomorrow when I try the animal place again.
I have now officially begun packing. Two boxes packed and inventoried in my notebook. At least everything in the loft is packed and ready to go.
From the latest progress photos - they've followed my instruction written on the wall and removed and blocked up a small porthole window. It only looked on to the neighbour's roof and would have been very expensive to replace. They've also taken out the breakfast bar (on the right) and the two cupboards that were hanging above it.

No comments: