Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 October 2019

Wet.

More rain of the deluge variety again today with the occasional flash of sunshine. Peter mentioned thunder and lightning but no sign yet. I had a few tea towels soaking so I washed them anyway and they're now hanging in the conservatory.
Work continues in Red Roofs and though Peter gets calls which mention yet more problems it's only to be expected. So far nobody has mentioned if the big shed has fallen down of its own accord, which we were hoping for but then again there's not much call for anyone to venture into the back garden.  
I've just been pottering about tidying and cleaning. I have got going again on the design for my arm tattoo, something leafy and vine-like, and I think I'm nearly there. The next hurdle is to find a reputable local tattooist as Tom who did my tattoos is now very expensive and booked up for at least six months and if I go ahead I'd like to do it before we move to Wales. 
While wandering about in the garden I noticed that the japonica has quite a lot of fruit. I had a look and found out here that the fruit is edible and great for making jam and jelly due to its high pectin content. I doubt I'll get round to doing anything with it.

No comments: