Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Sunny.

The sun has been shining today through a cold wind. We gave in last night and turned on the central heating. The house was beginning to feel chilly in the evenings and it was nice to have that boost of warmth. However before going to sleep I got up and turned off the heating. It only puts out enough heat overnight to keep the ambient temperature up but I find the constant hum of the boiler in its cupboard next to our bedroom very annoying. 
While Peter walked in to town to collect the prescriptions and surprise, surprise they messed up again and hadn't done mine, I drove to a nearby garden centre. I took the slightly longer route through the back road so that I could enjoy being back in the countryside.
At the garden centre I found one plant with silver leaves that I was after but the only pots of the large black aeonium (tree house leek) I've been looking for had large and expensive specimens in them. Apart from the cost my concern was that one mishap during moving would snap the long stalk. The daft thing is that when I was looking at the plants for sale on St Michael's Mount I chose the smaller variety thinking that it would be easier to find the big variety in garden centres.
Christmas is very much in evidence at the garden centre. While my plans for future Christmas's are to be more minimalist I think that this year it will be a more extreme version of minimalist as we find our feet in Borth and begin the unpacking process.
PS. I had some trouble with my PC earlier today so if I suddenly disappear it will be due to technical problems.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We do less and less for Christmas too.
It might not have been your computer giving you trouble. I had the same trouble and couldn't read blogs. The internet itself was having problems yesterday.