Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 October 2019

Colder.

We woke this morning to the sound of rain, followed by more rain and yet more rain. It eased off later in the afternoon and I was able to hang out a sheet in the wind. That blew out some of the moisture after which it was a matter of ironing the sheet dry. The wind is blowing the clouds briskly from the north bringing very cold air. 
I've been waiting for the delivery of some sofa covers I ordered which were due yesterday but so far they've not arrived. I ordered two covers for the sofa and an extra one for the armchair (having bought one first to check the quality). Once they arrive I have plans to alter them to fit the cushions and the frames separately for a better fit. I did make three separate purchases only afterwards thinking that I could have put them all on one transaction. The postage is free, or at least included so it's no difference to me but today I thought that hopefully that whoever works for the courier company will be paid for three items instead of one. Most couriers are 'self employed' ie no sick pay or other benefits and get paid a tiny amount eg 40-78p per item from one big national company.
One thing I did this morning was to wash the marble tiles in the hall and kitchen. Being naturally mottled you can get away with just hoovering but eventually they do need going over with soapy water. Later I finally got around to putting some sealant down one side of the shower. The actual application takes only minutes but getting ready takes a ridiculous effort. That's because I have yet to find a method of stopping the nozzle from becoming clogged up in between jobs. I've tried putting an extra long nail into the tip and then removing it with pliers as well as putting cling film over the nozzle but each time it takes several tries and sticky fingers to clear the nozzle. I think the tubes are really designed for single use but I hate to waste stuff. And that has been my not terribly exciting day.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Like the leaf picture.
We finally found and bought our two recliners!!