Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 October 2019

Wet.

It's been very wet with nothing to see but greyness. There have been a number of niggling annoyances today which were probably not helped by the fact that I had little sleep last night. On the good side I've taken the last of those bad tasting antibiotics. I had an appointment with the doctor this morning (no dramatic revelations) so I took the opportunity to wave my bad toe at her. It was pronounced fine though I should go back to the surgery if it gets worse again and no there's still no cure for tinitus. The surgery is on the other side of town so I'd planned a morning of visiting the shops on that side starting with the garden centre to look for more salt tolerant plants. Imagine my annoyance when I got into the car at the surgery and realised I'd left my purse at home. Still better than getting to a checkout and then finding out. Back home I drove, picked up my purse from the drawer and back out to the usual Tesco's and Lidl. I still needed to go to the High Street to pay some bills at the bank so I drove over to where you can park for free for an hour. Got out of the car into heavy rain, my poor feet in flip-flops! Passing by Padfield's, an expensive furniture shop, I saw that they had a three day sale. We hope to buy a couple of swivel armchairs to put in the Borth bay window and when I asked they had those on sale too. A good reduction of £1,650 to £1,200 (each!) but still a big investment. I phoned Peter to ask him what he thought and mid call my phone died with the message low battery even though it was on charge all day yesterday. Time for a new phone I think. When I got home I looked on-line to show Peter a picture and I could see the same make and model at less than the sale price at Padfield's. No wonder independent stores are going out of business. We'll wait to buy our chairs, there are more important things to spend our money on such as roofs and central heating.
I've been browsing eBay for sofa and armchair covers which might be better than trying to make loose covers myself. I've found some which might do and having reluctantly decided that white is not practical have ordered a light grey cover for the armchair. If that works out I'll get the sofa cover too and maybe an extra cover so that the seat cushions can be covered separately. Or it might just be too cheap looking. You can't tell.

2 comments:

happyone said...

We are on the lookout for a couple of new chairs too. They can be expensive. I'm having trouble finding something I like. Everything seems to be the some color of brown.

Ruta M. said...

Here it's all grey. Grey is very much the current trendy colour for interior design and has been for a few years. I liked the pale grey leather chairs but we'll get those once this house is sold. Most of our wooden furniture was bought second hand by my mother and I got the leather sofa and armchair on eBay for a very cheap price.