Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 October 2019

Grey.

No sun or rain today, just a light grey sky with the barest hint of shading.
After working on the conservatory yesterday I realised that it was time to give the white frames a thorough clean. I cleaned all of the inside and most of the outside but I have to say my heart was not in the job. Apart from the conservatory being of shoddy construction (before we moved here) I have lost hope that any prospective buyers will be coming and I'm fully aware that tenants have little incentive to look after the place. Still at least it is clean for the time being.
I call this Speedy's Lucky Cat pose.  I hope it doesn't mean he's got a problem with his leg. We're very nearly at a point where his cone can come off. The vet said the hair might not grow back but the skin looks healed. To be on the safe side I'll wait a few more days and then monitor the state of his feet. 
Yesterday I was concerned to see Speedy drinking an unusually large amount of water. Was it a sign of failing kidneys? Not an uncommon problem in older cats. But then I found out that Peter had used some chilli pickle in his dinner and the seeds from the spoon had been caught in the sink drainer and emptied into the scraps tub. Speedy is an inveterate raider of the scraps tub and must have been caught out by the chilli seeds. When we used the closed food caddy I found that he looked on it as a challenge and would knock it onto the floor. I do catch him up on the counter which he knows he shouldn't be on but at least he doesn't make so much mess and I bleach down the counters every morning after he's spent the night in the kitchen. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Speedy is quite a character!! : )
Pictures of the flowers are pretty. Great pictures.