Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Sunny.

Good news, the postman/lady or should I say post person? as here I don't see who brings the letters, brought a letter from the hospital with an appointment to see the cardiologist on the 4th of November. At 23 weeks that's quite a bit over the 18 week guideline but at least it's less than 12 months. 
Yet another bright day. I ventured into the back garden to take some photos and could hear the buzzing of bees visiting the last fuchsia flowers and the flowering ivy. 
Over in the cement trough (originally part of a fountain) I was surprised to see it full of water even though I had only recently emptied it. The trough is about 8 inches deep and I emptied out 20 litres of smelly water. The pots contain varieties of crocosmia and as I've seen montbretia growing in a stream I'm hoping the crocosmia are also water tolerant.
I hadn't used the hoover since washing the carpets as I'd left the hose hanging up and then on a radiator to dry. I gave it a blast with my hair drier as well. There was still a hint of damp dust smell (I've a nose like a bloodhound) so I gave the air filter a good spray with one of my body sprays (I couldn't find the lemon essential oil which would have been better). Got the hoovering done and then began one of my 'made with love' projects. Can't say what but it involved felt and a sewing needle.
I enjoy watching the birds on the feeder as I pedal on the exercise bike. Today there was a robin and a single female house sparrow. Robins are known to be aggressive but this one gave way to the sparrow who took prime position at the fat balls leaving the robin to pick at the seed feeder which is not as popular.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Letter Carrier is the term we now use over here!!