Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 October 2019

Wet.

Rain, rain and yet more rain for most of the day. At times it got so dark I nearly had to put the lights on while in between the sun was almost blinding. While my latest sealing of the conservatory roof has held up somewhere there is water getting in again on the other side. Time to buy more sealant and go overboard applying it to every single join. And that wasn't all. Last night as I lay in bed I heard what sounded like a slow but steady drip overhead. First I listened to make sure it wasn't coming from outside or from the neighbours' houses but it did seem to be coming from above. So there I was at quarter past eleven crawling around in the loft. I found the leak in the furthest depths of the loft right above the bed. Luckily it had mainly come down over the spare flooring wood. Only one of the cardboard boxes is affected and as it has the 'fragile' tape on it I'm assuming that it contains glass or ceramic items. I moved things around and with much contortioning slid two empty plastic storage boxes underneath to catch the drips. The inside of the roof is covered with insulation so I couldn't see exactly where the water is getting in but I'll leave that to whoever we get to fix the problem. 
After yesterday's exertions I took things more quietly today. Both the folders for Red Roofs and here were gone through and all the bills and certificates sorted into polypockets. Then I amused myself by beginning to unpick the company logo from a polo shirt that Peter had from his last job. He kept it because it also has his name embroidered on it.
Here is Speedy showing evidence of one of my home alone treats, a chocolate cheesecake. I'd given him the container to lick out and somehow he'd flipped it over and stuck his head into it. His tail was flicking crossly as I laughed and took some photos.

No comments: