Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 October 2019

Grey.

It's been very warm today, grey skies and either damp or raining. As I needed to drive to the Post Office at Sticklepath I planned an afternoon's shopping. Not the best plan as it's Friday, raining and half-term all of which increase the numbers of people shopping and yes it was rather crowded. I was disappointed to find they no longer had sun loungers at BJ's. They had the ones I wanted last time I was there but now it's all Christmas stuff. I even went back in to ask a second member of staff about them in case they had them tucked away in their warehouse but no such luck. Our blue sun loungers are still functional but have rust of the metal parts from being kept in the outbuildings at Dingles so I've promised them to be auctioned on the recycle site to make some money for the RNLI. I'd planned to have new ones to take to Borth but now I'll have to find them somewhere else.
On the way home I made one last stop at the Co-Op in Pottington. Truly a last stop as they close tomorrow. It was sad to see most of the shelves empty. Not everything was reduced but I found cheese, olives, hummus and pate. Combined with my other shopping our fridge and freezer are full to bursting. At B&Q the checkout lad informed me that my new bank card was contactless which did not please me. I phoned up to find out why they've sent me contactless when I'd previously specified non-contactless only to be told that my new card is not contactless. The checkout lad must have just been making assumptions.  I prefer to have the added security of a pin number and my lifestyle is such that I don't make frequent small payments (transport/drinks etc). Not to mention getting the card cloned by somebody standing near you though I know you can get shielded covers. It may sound overly cautious but there are so many cases of fraud on the reputable consumer programmes I prefer to take precautions. 
No pretty sunset to look forward tonight as the sky is completely grey.

No comments: