Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 October 2019

Stormy.

We certainly had stormy weather today with strong gusting winds and increasing rain towards the evening. When I went to get the car I had to move a wheelie bin that had been blown over and was lying in the middle of the road.
I needed the car to get to the surgery. In the morning I noticed that after a night of extreme itchiness the dark red area around the blister on my toe had increased and there was a red line leading up to my ankle. I phoned the surgery to make an appointment with the nurse but had to wait several hours for a phone consultation first. the result was that I needed to go in, duh I knew that. Another wait at the surgery and then the doctor had a look at my foot. He didn't think that there was an infection yet and said the red line was the lymphatic system. However as it was nearly the weekend he gave me a prescription for antibiotics to be safe. To take these I need to not eat or drink for 2 hours before and 1 hour after, that's 12 hours a day! Good to control my nibbling but not so easy to fit in my evening tablets. It's only for 6 days, and I have to soak my toe/foot in hot salt water twice a day for 6 days too.
I took things fairly quietly for the rest of the afternoon working my way through bank statements going back to 2002 shredding everything except the pages marked Do Not Destroy. 
The photos today are all from St. Michael's Mount. 

 Coming back on the ferry, fare £2 each. great fun.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh that red line doesn't sound so good. Sure hope the pills work and your toe clears up quickly!!