Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 October 2019

Grey.

Today has been overcast with constant light rain. I've been taking things easy today, the summer's working visits have caught up with me and having the alarm set for 6.30 didn't help. (No matter how I work it I have to take tablets at 12.30 and 6.30 and that's with adjusting times in the day.) It's only for a week and I'll soon be back to my usual routine.

A last few photos from our Cornwall visit.
A rainbow over the Marazion campsite. It was a nice enough but no views from the site itself. If I wanted to sit and look at a bush I could do the same at home. The showers/toilets were fine though not in the deluxe category of the St. Ives campsite but the washing up facility was one sink with a cold tap. Sure there was a notice saying if you wanted hot water to ask at the office but who's going to do that? But this site was half the price of St. Ives, five minutes walk from the beach and the managers were friendly and helpful.
This St. Ives cat ensconced in a window box steadfastly ignored the hoards of tourists walking past.  
St. Ives harbour at low tide. The huddle of people on the sand around a small boat were doing a photoshoot. St.Ives is so trendy you can just imagine an art director suggesting they go for a trip there. Unfortunately heavy rain set in, umbrellas went up and I didn't see how long they lasted as we were on the other side of Smeaton Pier.
I've decided to blame my poor posture on the ingrained habit of looking for 'treasures' on any beach which I've been doing for as long as I remember. Both of my walks along Marazion resulted in pockets weighed down with my finds which look best when wet. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh the first picture with the rainbow is gorgeous. I love the lighting in the picture too.