Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Coffee With Friends.

Sunny again and not too cold. Looking out of the window this morning I could see a low mist hanging over the trees and possibly a frost on neighbouring roofs. I walked into town in the morning dressed in a manner to suit a variety of seasons. Sunglasses against the glare, flip-flops because they are my most comfortable footwear, fingerless gloves to keep my hands warm and a fleece and bodywarmer to keep out the chill. By the time I walked home up the hill I was more than a bit too warm. 
I'd gone into town to meet up with friends for coffee at a new place called Lemon Next to the Pie Shop, don't know why it's called that. Sometimes there are only 3 of us but today we numbered 7 and a young daughter. We pushed a couple of tables together and spent a wonderful morning exchanging our news. We go back nearly 20 years so have many shared memories but best of all we celebrated the all clear given to one of us for a second round of cancer. I think they say that cancer is going to hit one in two of us but thankfully treatments and total recovery have improved dramatically. On a more cheerful note we shared photos and news of children both family members and ex-pupils who are now grown up and making their way in the world. 
I did a little shopping in town including two light blue polka dot hand towels for the new kitchen. As home I got on with another home-made gift that involved a lot of chocolate. Tomorrow I'm going to try tempering some chocolate. The sparrow and robin were back in the bush again, they don't seem to mind mine or Speedy's presence on the other side of the glass. They may become more wary when the leaves fall off the buddleia.
I still keep the upstairs windows open and late in the afternoon I found this large, nearly 2cms. long red-legged shield bug on the inside of my study window. It then was carefully put on the outside of the window. 
One drawback of living down in the valley at Dingles was the limited views of sunrise and sunset. Here I've had so much pleasure from watching the sunset skies though I've been a little spoiled by watching the sun set over the sea at Borth. I wish I could truly capture the colours. Tonight began with a haze of pink as the sun sank down behind a cloudbank and then the horizon turned deep red with streaks of glowing gold.

No comments: