Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 8 March 2019

Chilly.


It's been a cold, grey and from the afternoon wet day. After all the usual things I gave the bathroom a thorough clean. Including getting rid of the dust on the tops of doors and taking everything off the window sills for a clean. The pitcher plant had all its leaves wiped down and the algae removed from the container it sits in. I use a clear plastic container inside a glass trough so that I can see how the water level is doing. Pitcher plants come from waterlogged environments which is why they need to trap insects for their nitrogen. All the large pitchers are beginning to shrivel up which I assume is the natural cycle. Hopefully there will be more next year.

1 comment:

happyone said...

One thing I always forget to dust is the blades on the ceiling fans. Did that today!!