Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 March 2019

Sunny.

It's been a lovely sunny day, perfect for a walk around Mortehoe. There was a chilly wind but that didn't stop me from baring my  arms and legs. As long as my back is warm and my ears covered I don't mind the cold. Mind you even through my sunglasses my legs looked like pale sticks of celery  and when I checked without the sunglasses they were horribly pale. Well, they need to be out in the sun to turn a more acceptable colour. 
With all the recent grey weather it was not surprising that there were plenty of people around. As well as many walkers with their dogs there were also people running along the stony track. On our drive up through Prixford we passed numerous cyclists, all in fancy lycra, a few runners and two horse riders. At one point we had to drive through a stretch of flooded road where the water came right up to the doors of our little car. I'll admit to holding my breath until we were safely through. We decided to take the Muddiford road home rather than chance the flood again.
We took a flask of coffee along and sat on our usual bench. Peter had a roll to eat and I munched happily on a chocolate and peanut cookie.  
We thought it might be more sheltered as we rounded Morte Point but the wind was blowing in from the sea. Once we turned away from the cliff path it felt very warm indeed. All my exercising must be doing my legs some good as I was able to tackle the long uphill paths without running out of puff. 
When we got home I mowed the grass before spending a little time sitting at the top of the garden with a cup of tea and a book.


No comments: