Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 22 March 2019

Grey.

A cold, overcast day today. Despite the chill everywhere Spring flowers are appearing. In the neighbours' gardens tulips are flowering and I can see pink cherry blossom too. In our front garden the self seeded aquilegias have flower buds ready to open and the first of the hardy geraniums, a dark pink macrorrhizum is flowering. 

While Peter was out meeting a friend I drew up plans of a number of options for the bay window in the new house. Being exposed to the winds it definitely needs to be triple glazed but we'll take advice from the surveyor. As we intend to extend the outside deck it would be good to have patio doors there though there is already a door from the dining area. I also finalised the layout of the small porch leading to the front door. Then I spent some time browsing through front door options, wow they are expensive. For the inner front door which has a glass panel by the side and including the whole frame prices seem to start at £1,000. If we had unlimited funds I would chose something like the door below though Peter says it's too much like a church door. I was thinking more Hobbit Hole.
Or what about this one?


No comments: