Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Sunny.

A bright and sunny day today and warmer than yesterday.
This morning I took the green glasses, some amber necklaces, a finely carved ivory pendant and some silver pieces to be valued by the auctioneer. There weren't too many people there and you could help yourself to free coffee while you waited. Sadly the green glasses were pronounced lovely but not suitable for auction. Actually I'm relieved they didn't turn out to be wildly valuable because as well as the glass I found broken yesterday today I found that another of the large glasses was also broken. The 'silver' objects; a box shaped inkwell, a broach and a bean shaped locket on a chain, all turned out to be silver plate and not worth too much. I've already polished them up and put them on eBay as they are easy to post. I've left the amber and the ivory pendant with the auction house. If they sell at the estimates that will help towards yesterday's vet bills. I've put reserves on them as well because I don't want them going for pennies.
After the valuation I called in at Lidl's and Tesco's. I prefer the big Tesco's near the station as they have a better clothing section. I tend to mainly look at the reduced rails and among the things I tried on were some stretch black jeans. Oh the joy of finding that the size you thought you were is far too big. Luckily there was a pair in a smaller size which I bought. They're bootcut shape with a bit of a flare at the bottom which means they can be worn with crocs or even flip-flops. Passing through the rest of the ladies' section I came across some loose vests in a rust colour. I love that colour which I think suits my skin tone unlike pink which I like but doesn't so I indulged and bought one.
The house felt quiet without Patch's thud thud as he went up or down the stairs wanting either to be fed or just to sit with me. He also had a loud meow which he used when he wanted me to find him. Speedy never meows but the bell on his collar lets me know where he is at the moment. Yesterday morning he had managed to get his cone off. The cheap plastic clip on the collar didn't hold and the blood smears on the counter showed that he'd had a good lick at his feet. So now the cone with a new collar stays on for another week. Today Peter wondered how Speedy would manage on the 5 hour trip when we eventually move to Borth as he isn't that happy in either of the cat carriers we have. My plan is to get him used to wearing a cat harness with a lead so that he can sit on my lap instead.
It was back to Pilates tonight. It was a hard session especially after a 2 week break. I'm hoping that I haven't overdone things though I made a point of stopping when I felt I'd gone far enough and avoided certain moves altogether.

No comments: